Online checkout has been disabled. If you would like to order a product please call us at (800) 532-0092.
Bypassing the charging circuit diode in the Airtronics RDS8000 Transmitter
1. Remove battery cover and the battery.
2. Remove 8 screws from the rear cover.
3. Open back being very careful not to pull any wires. As you are opening the case make sure that the antenna assembly stays with the case front
4. Establish the location of the diode and solder a small thin (36 AWG) jumper wire across it, as indicated.* It is important to use 36 AWG wire in this application because it enables the jumper to function as a Safety Fuse.(*) Be careful not to short the jumper to any components or circuit board traces in the vicinity of the diode.
(*) Insulated 36 AWG wire is available from Peak Electronics. Please send us a letter including a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope and we will get your wire out to you, free of charge, on the next business day.
5. Reassemble the transmitter, being careful not to pinch any wires.
6. Install the 8 screws, battery, battery cover, and antenna.