Bypassing the charging circuit diode in Futaba 4YF and 4YV Transmitters
Bypassing the charging circuit diode in
Futaba "Skysport" T4YF
"Skysport" T4YV Transmitters
This modification, when properly done, will not affect the operation of your
transmitter. However, do not attempt this procedure
unless you are comfortable with soldering electronic equipment!
1. Remove the back cover of the transmitter.
2. Disconnect the transmitter battery connector.
3. Locate the Diode. (Viewed from the back of the transmitter, it is located in
the lower left hand corner of the circuit board just below the charge jack).
4. Solder a small thin (36 AWG) jumper wire across the diode, as indicated.* It
is important to use 36 AWG wire in this application because it
enables the jumper to function as a Safety Fuse.(*) Be careful not to short the jumper to any components or circuit
board traces in the vicinity of the diode.
* A 2 amp Pico Fuse can be used in place of 36 AWG wire.
(*) Insulated 36 AWG wire is available from Peak Electronics.
Please send us a letter including a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope and we will
get your wire out to you, free of charge, on the next business day.
5. Plug in the battery connector. Test the installation by plugging your SIRIUS
CHARGE into the transmitter charging jack. The Green TX LED should light on SIRIUS CHARGE .
6. Replace the transmitter back, being careful not to pinch any wires.