Bypassing the charging circuit diode in Futaba 6VA "Skysport" Transmitters
Bypassing the charging circuit diode in
Futaba 6VA "Skysport" Transmitters
This modification, when properly done, will not affect the operation of your
transmitter. However, do not attempt this procedure
unless you are comfortable with soldering electronic equipment!
1. Unplug and remove the battery.
2. Remove screws and open the back cover of the transmitter.
3. Solder a small thin (36 AWG) jumper wire across the diode, as indicated.* It
is important to use 36 AWG wire in this application because it
enables the jumper to function as a Safety Fuse.(*) Be careful not to short the jumper to any components or
circuit board traces in the vicinity of the diode.
* A 2 amp Pico Fuse can be used in place of 36 AWG wire.
(*) Insulated 36 AWG wire is available from Peak Electronics.
Please send us a letter including a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope and we will
get your wire out to you, free of charge, on the next business day.
4. Reassemble the transmitter, being careful not to pinch any wires. Replace and
plug in the battery.
5. Plug your SIRIUS CHARGE into the transmitter charging jack. The green
TX LED will light on the unit, indicating "charging".