Bypassing the charging circuit diode in Futaba 6EXA 2.4Ghz Transmitters
Bypassing the charging circuit diode in
Futaba 6EX 2.4Ghz Transmitters
This modification, when properly done, will not affect the operation of your
transmitter. However, do not attempt this procedure
unless you are comfortable with soldering electronic equipment!
1. Remove the back cover of the transmitter.
2. Disconnect the transmitter battery connector and remove battery.
3. Locate the Diode. (Viewed from the back of the transmitter, it is located in
the lower left hand corner of the circuit board just below the charge
4. Solder a small thin (30 awg) jumper wire across the diode, as indicated. Use
of thin wire in this application enables to the jumper wire to function as a
Safety Fuse. Be careful not to short the jumper to any components or circuit
board traces in the vicinity of the diode.
5. Plug in the battery connector. Test the installation by plugging your SIRIUS
CHARGE into the transmitter charging jack. The Green TX LED should light on
6. Replace the transmitter back, being careful not to pinch any wires.